hilsa fish pieces 8
mustard oil 6 tablespoon
salt 1 1/2 teaspoon
turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
mustard powder or mustard paste 3 tablespoon
green chili 4
1. Marinate the fish pieces with 1 tea spoon of salt and turmeric powder.
2. Soak mustard powder in a cup of water with 1/4 tea spoon salt for 5-10 minutes or use homemade mustard paste and mix it with water and salt for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add mustard paste already prepared and mustard oil to the fish pieces and mix it well.
4. Cut the green chili vertically and add to the fish mix.
5. Place entire mix in a microwave proof bowl. Then place the bowl in microwave and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
6. Take out the bowl. Flip over the fish pieces. Add salt and green chili to taste.
7. Put the bowl again in microwave for 5 minutes. Take out the bowl and check if the fish is soft, if not microwave for another 2-3 minutes.